BRIEF-Chinese power company in deal to build Argentina's largest solar farm
BEIJING, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Power Construction Corp of China says:
* subsidiary Shanghai Electric Power Construction Co has signed a contract with a local energy company to build the first stage of a 600 megawatt solar project in Argentina's Jujuy province
* When complete, the project will be the largest photovoltaic farm in Argentina
* The first phase will be for 300 megawatts
* The solar farm will use 1,200 acres of land
* The news comes after report in April that Argentinas UTE Jemsa-IGA Energia y Construcciones and Shanghai Electric had penned an agreement with the provincial government to explore the project (Reporting by Meng Meng and Beijing Monitoring Desk)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.