US STOCKS-Futures flat as investors assess rate hike chances
* Futures up: Dow 16 pts, S&P 1.75 pts, Nasdaq 5 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Sept 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Tuesday as investors weigh the chances of an interest rate hike this month following a tepid jobs report.
* About 151,000 jobs were added in August, far less than in the past two months, raising doubts about the U.S. economy's ability to absorb a rate hike in the near-term.
* Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said in a meeting last month that the case for higher rates had strengthened, encouraged by a strong labor market and fewer risks to economic outlook.
* While Yellen had not specified the timing of the next hike, top Fed officials, including Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer, have hinted at a move as soon as this month.
* Stock index futures were supported by a 1 percent rise in U.S. crude prices on Tuesday.
* Wall Street ended higher on Friday as a weak jobs report trimmed the prospects of a rate hike when the Fed meets on Sept. 20-21.
* Traders see a 21 percent chance of a rate hike this month, down from 24 percent, after Friday's jobs numbers. The odds edged down to 50.6 percent from 53.6 percent for December, according to CME Group's FedWatch tool. Continuación...