UPDATE 3-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 8
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
Sept 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 3 to 5 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures trading up 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.3 percent higher on Wednesday at 6,846.58, supported by stronger precious metals and oil company shares as well as by gains at equipment rentals company Ashtead.
* ZOOPLA: Property website Zoopla said annual earnings would hit the top end of forecasts, boosted by a higher number of property listings and growth in its price comparison service, confounding predictions that Brexit would freeze the market.
* ENQUEST: North Sea-focused oil producer EnQuest lowered its full-year production guidance on Thursday after initial output at its new Alma/Galia field was less than expected.
* DIXON CARPHONE: Dixons Carphone, Britain's biggest consumer electricals and mobile phone retailer, beat forecasts on Thursday with a 4 percent rise in quarterly sales and said it had seen no impact from the vote to leave the European Union in June.
* MICRO FOCUS: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co will spin off and merge its non-core software assets with Britain's Micro Focus International Plc in a deal worth $8.8 billion, the companies said on Wednesday.