UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 9
(Updates futures, adds company news item)
Sept 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 5-9 points, or 0.1 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.15 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.2 percent on Thursday at 6,858.70, outperforming European shares thanks to sterling weakness, with British companies also less directly exposed to any disappointment from the ECB.
* PRUDENTIAL: South Korea's Mirae Asset Life Insurance Co Ltd said in a regulatory filing on Friday it had submitted a final bid for PCA Life Insurance Co Ltd, an unlisted South Korean unit of British insurer Prudential PLC.
* HENDERSON: Henderson Global Investors, which froze its open-ended UK property fund in the wake of Brexit, has sold one of its prized London office properties to Chinese developer China Vanke , the buyer said on Thursday.
* ICAP: Interdealer broker ICAP said it appointed Seth Johnson chief executive of EBS BrokerTec, its foreign exchange trading and fixed income business.
* TBC: TBC Bank Group Plc, Georgia's largest retail bank, confirmed it was in talks to buy JSC Bank Republic, a unit of French bank Societe Generale .
* BREXIT: The European Parliament has named Guy Verhofstadt, a former Belgian prime minister and arch-foe of eurosceptics across the continent, to represent it in forthcoming Brexit negotiations with London. Continuación...