US STOCKS-Wall Street gains as September rate hike jitters ease
* Fed Governor Lael Brainard set to speak at 1:15 p.m. ET
* Fed policy-setting meeting scheduled for Sept. 20-21
* Apple top boost on all three major U.S. stock indexes
* Perrigo biggest percentage gainer on S&P 500
* Indexes up: Dow 0.36 pct, S&P 0.52 pct, Nasdaq 0.77 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Monday after two Federal Reserve officials struck a less hawkish tone on interest rate hikes, quelling some investor fears about a move as early as next week.
Atlanta Fed Bank President Dennis Lockhart said current economic conditions warranted a "serious discussion" on whether to raise rates at the Fed meeting on Sept. 20-21, but later said there was no "urgency" to act at any particular meeting.
Lockhart's Minneapolis counterpart Neel Kashkari echoed those views by suggesting to CNBC that he saw little urgency to take action given the state of the economy. Continuación...