UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 20
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 1 to 7 points, or as much as 0.1 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed at 6,813.55 on Monday, up 103.27 points or 1.5 percent, thanks to a rise in commodity-related stocks.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE: GlaxoSmithKline said on Tuesday it had chosen Emma Walmsley, head of consumer healthcare, as its new chief executive, after considering internal and external candidates.
* KINGFISHER: Strong demand in Britain and Poland helped Kingfisher to beat forecasts for first-half profit on Tuesday, but Europe's largest home improvement retailer said it remained cautious on the outlook for France, its most profitable market.
* SPORTS DIRECT: British retailer Sports Direct said a review of its corporate governance and working practices would be carried out by a third party, bowing to investor concerns that the firm's own legal advisers were not appropriate for the job.
* GVC HOLDINGS: Gambling company GVC Holdings Plc said it was committed to resuming dividend payments next year, adding that its purchase of rival Bwin.party had resulted in higher potential organic growth.
* IG GROUP: IG Group Holdings Plc, a British online trading company, said financial markets had become "increasingly subdued" in the two months after Britain's shock vote to leave the European Union, presenting clients with limited trading opportunities. Continuación...