UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 21
(Updates company news items)
Sept 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 8 points, or 0.1 percent on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.3 percent at 6,830.79 points on Tuesday, lifted by gains in consumer goods stocks ranging from luxury fashion group Burberry to supermarket retailer Tesco.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton Chief Executive Andrew Mackenzie's annual salary was cut in half following the Samarco dam disaster in Brazil that claimed 19 lives and caused widespread environmental damage, the global miner said.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton said it disagreed with Australian tax collectors' assessment that the miner needed to pay $766 million in back taxes and charges for its Singapore commodities marketing hub, and that it could resort to court action to fight the claim.
* RBS: Banco Santander SA has pulled out of talks to buy Royal Bank of Scotland Group's Williams & Glyn unit, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* DIAGEO: Drinks maker Diageo said on Wednesday its 2017 fiscal year had started well, with the key drivers of improved top line growth being scotch whisky, U.S. spirits and India.
* MAJESTIC WINE: Britain largest specialist wine retailer, Majestic Wine Plc , said it expects core earnings for the current financial year to be below current market expectations, hurt by slower growth in its Majestic Commercial business. Continuación...