US STOCKS-Wall St set to open lower as presidential debate looms
* U.S. presidential debate kicks off at 9:00 p.m. ET
* Crude prices up as producer meet starts
* Deutsche Bank down, weighs on U.S. banks
* Pfizer falls after abandoning plans to split
* Futures down: Dow 88 pts, S&P 9 pts, Nasdaq 25 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Sept 26 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open lower on Monday, with investors gearing up for the first debate between U.S. presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
Oil prices rallied in volatile trading as the world's largest producers gathered in Algeria to potentially work out a plan to limit output, though analysts see slim chances of a deal being worked out.
Deutsche Bank's U.S.-listed shares fell nearly 5 percent premarket and dragged on big Wall Street banks after a German magazine cited government sources saying Chancellor Angela Merkel has ruled out state assistance for the lender and any interference in the ongoing U.S. justice department investigation. Continuación...