US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of private-sector hiring data
* Futures down: Dow 20 pts, S&P 1.25 pts, Nasdaq 1.5 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Wednesday ahead of data, including a report on private sector hiring that will give investors a glimpse into the health of the labor market.
* The ADP National Employment report is expected to show that 166,000 jobs were added in the private sector last month, compared with 177,000 in August. The data is due at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT).
* The data is a precursor to Friday's non-farm payrolls report, which is expected to play a major role in the Federal Reserve's decision on interest rates.
* Also on tap is a reading of the ISM non-manufacturing purchasing managers' index, which likely edged up to 53.0 in September from 51.4 the previous month. The report is expected at 10:00 a.m. ET.
* Global stocks took a beating after a Bloomberg report said the European Central Bank would probably wind down its bond-buying program, while the British pound continued to be pressured by worries of a "hard" Brexit.
* Wall Street closed lower in a choppy session on Tuesday as Brexit-related fears and growing indications that U.S. interest rates could be raised this year.
* The upcoming quarterly corporate earnings season will put to test market valuations that are above historical averages. Continuación...