US STOCKS-Wall St lower after jobs data keeps rate hike on track
* 156,000 jobs added in September vs. est. 175,000
* Unemployment inches up to 5.0 pct
* Dollar set for best week since Brexit
* Honeywell, PPG weigh on S&P
* Indexes down: Dow 0.23 pct, S&P 0.29 pct, 0.24 pct (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Friday after weaker-than-expected September jobs report had little effect on the prospects of an interest rate hike by the year end.
U.S. employment growth slowed for the third straight month, with employers adding 156,000 jobs in September. Economists polled by Reuters had expected 175,000.
The rate of unemployment climbed to 5 percent from 4.9 percent in August, though the increase was driven by more Americans rejoining the labor force. Continuación...