US STOCKS-Futures fall with eyes on earnings, dollar
* Futures down: Dow 48 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 5.5 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
April 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures fell on Wednesday with investors wary of the effect of a strong U.S. dollar on earnings and ahead of housing sector data.
* Chipotle shares fell 5.3 percent to $656 in premarket trading after the burrito chain on Tuesday reported the slowest same-restaurant sales growth in five quarters.
* EMC Corp dropped 2.2 percent to $25.75 as the data storage equipment maker cut its full-year forecast, citing the strong dollar.
* First-quarter earnings of S&P 500 companies are expected to dip 2.2 percent, while revenues are seen declining 3.1 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data which includes companies that already reported.
* The dollar gained about 23 percent against a basket of major currencies over the financial year ended March 31, hurting companies with large overseas operations.
* Yahoo shares were up 1.3 percent at $45.07 after the company said it had hired advisers to determine the "most promising opportunities" for its stake in Yahoo Japan.
* Broadcom rose 6.4 percent to $46.80 after the wireless chip maker reported higher-than-expected quarterly results, helped by strong demand for Apple's iPhone 6. Continuación...