US STOCKS-Wall St opens lower as data shows slowing economic growth
* First-qtr GDP growth lower-than-expected
* MasterCard 's strong results also boosts Visa
* Lumber Liquidator slump after company misses forecast
* Starwood Hotels hits record high
* Indexes down: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.2 pct, Nasdaq 0.2 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell at the open on Wednesday after data showed that economic growth braked more sharply than expected in the first quarter, and ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's likely move to maintain interest rates.
U.S. gross domestic product grew at only 0.2 percent annual rate in the quarter as harsh weather dampened consumer spending and energy companies struggling with low prices cut spending.
The reading was the weakest in a year and was lower than the 1.0 percent rate forecast by economists polled by Reuters. Continuación...