US STOCKS-Wall St falls as economic growth stalls; Fed meeting eyed
* First-qtr GDP growth lower-than-expected
* MasterCard's strong results also boosts Visa
* Lumber Liquidator slump on news of DOJ probe
* Starwood Hotels hits record high
* Indexes down: Dow 0.4 pct, S&P 0.5 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks slipped on Wednesday after data showed that economic growth braked more sharply than expected in the first quarter, and ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's likely decision to maintain historically low interest rates.
U.S. gross domestic product grew just 0.2 percent at an annual rate in the quarter as harsh weather put off shoppers and energy companies cut spending.
The reading was the weakest in a year and lower than the 1.0 percent rate forecast by economists polled by Reuters. Continuación...