US STOCKS-Wall St opens higher as tech, health stocks rebound
* Gilead leads as biotechs ends 5-day losing streak
* Tech stock snap two-day losing streak
* Yum hits record after Loeb reveals stake
* Construction spending, manufacturing growth weak
* Indexes up: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.8 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
May 1 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose at the open on Friday as healthcare and technology stocks, led by Gilead and Apple, rebounded after two weak sessions, and despite data that came in lower-than-expected.
A majority of the 10 major S&P indexes were higher, with the health and tech both snapping a 2-day losing streak. Apple shares rose 1.5 percent to $126.94 and was the biggest driver on the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500.
The Nasdaq biotech index was up 2.6 percent, snapping a 5-day losing streak and on track for its best day since April 8. Continuación...