US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of private sector job numbers
* Futures up: Dow 46 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 1.5 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
May 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday, set to rebound from a sharp fall on Tuesday and ahead of private employment data for April.
* Private payrolls processor ADP is expected to report that private firms added more jobs in April than in March and the numbers will serve as an early snapshot into the larger U.S. employment situation ahead of more comprehensive data on Friday.
The data is expected at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT).
* Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen will speak at a conference later in the day and markets will be sensitive to any cues on the timing of a rate hike.
* European equity indexes rebounded in choppy trade on Wednesday as strong euro zone services data and corporate results offset a sell-off in the region's government bonds and a rise in the euro.
* U.S. stocks finished sharply lower on Tuesday after a surprisingly wide March U.S. trade deficit raised concerns that the economy shrank in the first quarter.
* MoneyGram soared 23.3 percent to $9.62 in premarket trading after Bloomberg reported that Western Union was considering buying its smaller rival. Continuación...