US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of jobs data
* Futures up: Dow 28 pts, S&P 3.25 pts, Nasdaq 11 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
May 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Friday ahead of the April payrolls report, which could affect when the U.S. Federal Reserve raises interest rates for the first time since 2006.
* U.S. jobs are expected to have grown by 224,000 in April after the meager 126,000 increase in March, with unemployment falling to a seven-year low. The report is due at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT).
* A drop in the jobless rate to 5.4 percent from 5.5 percent, as analysts expect, could bring forward bets on when the Fed will raise interest rates.
* However, most of Wall Street's top banks see the Fed holding off until at least September before raising interest rates, based on Reuters' most recent poll.
* The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits held near a 15-year low last week.
* Wall Street closed higher on Thursday as tech stocks rebounded and a global bond sell-off eased as oil prices fell more than 3 percent.
* JD.com shares rose 2.9 percent to $34.05 in premarket trading as China's No.2 e-commerce company's revenue topped analysts' expectation. Continuación...