US STOCKS-Wall St slightly higher as oil prices recover
* JPMorgan profit beats estimates; Wells Fargo revenue misses
* Oil prices recover some ground after tumbling earlier
* June retail sales fall; weakest reading since February
* Amazon hits record high on UBS upgrade
* Indexes up: Dow 0.07 pct, S&P 0.18 pct, Nasdaq 0.35 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
July 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher, trading in a narrow range, early on Tuesday as investors focus on U.S. corporate earnings and oil prices pared some losses after a steep fall earlier in the day.
Oil prices had tumbled due to expectations of increased supply after Iran's nuclear deal, but trimmed some losses as the expected rise in supply was already priced in over recent weeks.
U.S. companies are expected to report their worst sales decline in nearly six years when they post second-quarter results, while earnings are expected to have fallen 2.9 percent, according to Thomson Reuters estimates data. Continuación...