US STOCKS-Wall St slips as investors assess volatile week
* U.S. heading in the direction of rate hike - Fed's Fischer
* Major U.S. indexes set to end the week higher
* July consumer spending picks up slightly
* U.S. crude jumps 6 pct; Chevron up 4.4 pct
* Indexes down: Dow 0.43 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.15 pct (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks looked set to snap a two-day rally on Friday after comments by a top Federal Reserve official appeared to suggest that a September rate rise was still possible.
Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer said the United States was heading in the direction of higher rates and that recent economic data had been impressive.
Fischer also said the Fed could not wait for the case to be overwhelming to increase rates and that the recent market volatility could settle quickly. Continuación...