US STOCKS-Wall St set to open higher on strong economic data
* Weekly jobless claims rise more than expected
* July trade deficit falls to lowest level in five months
* ECB leaves interest rates unchanged
* Joy Global falls after slashing full-year forecast
* Futures up: Dow 143 pts, S&P 17 pts, Nasdaq 38 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 3 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open higher on Thursday as weekly jobs data indicated a strengthening labor market, a day ahead of the more critical monthly jobs report, which may feed into the Federal Reserve's interest rate decision.
Friday's monthly jobs data will be the last before the Fed meets on Sept. 16-17.
The Fed has said it will raise rates when it sees sustained economic recovery. But while the labor market has strengthened, inflation remains below the Fed's 2 percent target. Continuación...