US STOCKS-Wall St falls as jittery investors await Fed meet
* China August investment, factory output miss expectations
* U.S. Fed to meet Wednesday and Thursday
* Alibaba falls after Barron's report
* Apple up after iPhone pre-orders set to beat record
* Indexes down: Dow 0.34 pct, S&P 0.28 pct, Nasdaq 0.04 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were lower at the open on Monday as a weary market awaited this week's Federal Reserve meeting that will decide on an interest rate increase.
Stocks are expected to remain volatile in the run-up to the policy meeting on Wednesday and Thursday.
"The uncertainty is so high in regard to the announcement ... it leaves investors a little bit paralyzed relative to what to do in anticipation thereof," said Mark Luschini, chief investment strategist at Janney Montgomery Scott in Philadelphia. Continuación...