US STOCKS-Futures little changed as investors await Fed
* Futures up: Dow 2 pts, S&P 1 pt, Nasdaq 1 pt
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Tuesday, with investors wary of making big bets ahead of this week's Federal Reserve meeting and concerns about China persisting.
* Chinese stocks dropped almost 4 percent on Tuesday, denting hopes that a slew of stimulus measures by Beijing over the past three months had brought some stability to the market.
* Chinese investment and factory output data for August released on Monday fell short of market forecasts.
* U.S. markets are expected to stay on edge until Thursday when the Fed is due to decide whether to raise interest rates for the first time since 2006.
* A broad group of economists polled by Reuters last week bet on a September move by a slim margin. Economists at banks that deal directly with the Fed picked December as more likely, while traders of short-term interest rate futures were giving a rate rise this week only a one-in-four chance.
* U.S. data due on Tuesday includes retail sales data for August at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT), which is expected to have increased 0.3 percent after a 0.6 percent rebound in July.
* Industrial production is forecast to have slipped 0.2 percent last month. That data is expected at 9:15 a.m. ET. Data at 10 a.m. ET is expected to show that business inventories are likely to have added 0.1 percent in July after gaining 0.8 percent in June. Continuación...