US STOCKS-Energy stocks lead Wall St higher; Fed decision awaited
* August CPI index falls unexpectedly
* Fed begins two-day meeting
* Oil prices jump about 5 percent
* FedEx falls after cutting 2016 profit forecast
* Indexes up: Dow 0.66 pct, S&P 0.75 pct, Nasdaq 0.48 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Energy stocks lifted Wall Street on Wednesday following a 5 percent jump in oil prices, even as investors braced for the Federal Reserve's decision on an interest rate hike.
If the Fed opts to end seven years of near-zero interest rates on Thursday, markets would be relieved of the uncertainty that has dogged them for months.
"The market is getting incrementally more comfortable that if the Fed is going to raise rates it's doing it for the right reasons," said John Canally, investment strategist at LPL Financial. Continuación...