US STOCKS-Futures lower as Fed decision looms
* Futures off: Dow 11 pts, S&P 2.25 pts, Nasdaq 2.25 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Thursday ahead of the Federal Reserve's interest rate decision.
* The Fed will announce the outcome of its policy meeting at 2 p.m. ET (1800 GMT), followed by a press conference by Chair Janet Yellen at 2:30 p.m. ET.
* An increase in the Fed's benchmark rate, from near zero, would be the first since 2006.
* Fed fund futures <0#FF:> see a 30 percent chance the Fed will pull the trigger. Of the 80 economists polled by Reuters, 35 said a rise is likely on Thursday.
* Energy stocks pushed Wall Street higher on Wednesday after an almost 6-percent jump in oil prices, but trading was thin as investors braced for the Fed.
* Speculation about when the Fed will move has dogged Wall Street for months, and recent market turbulence linked to slowing growth in China has further complicated the picture.
* Many analysts say a rate hike now would help remove a lot of the uncertainty that has troubled investors. Continuación...