US STOCKS-Wall St higher at midday as Fed decision looms
* Fed announcement expected at 2 p.m. ET (1800 GMT)
* Yellen speaks half an hour later
* U.S. fund futures see 25 pct chance of hike on Thursday
* Verizon weights the most on the Dow, S&P
* Indexes up: Dow 0.09 pct, S&P 0.13 pct, Nasdaq 0.30 pct (Adds comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher in thin midday trading on Thursday, with investors hanging fire ahead of the Federal Reserve's interest rate decision later in the day.
The Fed will announce the outcome of its policy meeting and release its latest economic projections at 2 p.m. ET (1800 GMT), followed by a news conference by Chair Janet Yellen at 2:30 p.m.
An increase in the Fed's benchmark rate, which has been held near zero since the depths of the financial crisis in December 2008, would be the first since 2006. Continuación...