UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 7
(Adds futures, company news items)
March 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 28 points, or 0.5 percent lower on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.23 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 1.1 percent higher on Friday at 6,199.43, as Britain's mining index climbed to a four-month high, boosted by a rally in the prices of major industrial metals.
* GSK: GlaxoSmithKline Plc said its asthma drug, Nucala, which is already approved in the United States and Europe, showed a similar safety profile in a long-term study compared with previous studies.
* CENTRICA: Centrica said on Friday new proposals from the British Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) would allow more flexibility in selling gas from its Rough gas storage site beneath the North Sea.
* BNP PARIBAS: BNP Paribas plans to grow its corporate and institutional bank (CIB) business in London, Chief Executive Jean-Laurent Bonnafe was quoted as saying by a French trade union. BNP Paribas has said it aims to grab market share from rivals pulling back from investment banking even as its moves ahead with its own cuts.
* OLD MUTUAL: Old Mutual, an Anglo-South African financial services company, said on Monday it was considering all options as part of a strategic review it announced in November, but that it had not yet made any decision.
Sky News reported on Saturday that Old Mutual was plotting a 9 billion pounds ($12.8 billion) break-up that could trigger a takeover battle for the company's various operations. Continuación...