UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 8
(Adds futures, company news)
March 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 37 to 50 points lower on Tuesday, or down as much as 0.8 percent, according to financial bookmakers. Futures were down 0.7 percent at 0724 GMT. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 17.03 points lower on Monday at 6,182.40 points, as a broad-based drop outweighed a surge in insurance company Old Mutual Plc and mining stocks.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton on Tuesday warned of a continued oversupply in global iron ore markets in coming years that would keep up pressure on smaller suppliers to the global sea-traded market.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto on Tuesday said new iron ore supply hitting the market in 2016 will fall by nearly a third to 75 million tonnes versus last year.
* WPP: Advertising group WPP said on Tuesday its like-for-like revenue and net sales grew "well over 3 percent" in February, according to initial figures requested by investors when it reported full-year numbers last week.
* WORLDPAY: British payments processor Worldpay reported a net profit of 19 million pounds ($27.1 million) for 2015 in its first financial results since listing on the London Stock Exchange in October.
* ESURE: British insurer esure Group Plc reported a near 30 percent increase in full-year pretax profit, driven by a rise in motor premiums. Continuación...