US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of U.S. labor data, ECB meeting
* Futures down: Dow 8 pts, S&P 1.25 pts, Nasdaq 1.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
June 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday as investors await the European Central Bank's decision on interest rates and the release of domestic labor data.
* The ECB is expected to keep interest rates steady, and will likely raise growth and inflation forecasts when it releases its statement at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT).
* The ADP National Employment report at 8:15 a.m. ET is likely to show U.S. private payrolls increased 175,000 in May, after rising 156,000 in April.
* Initial claims for unemployment benefits are expected to have risen by 2,000 to 270,000 last week. The data, due at 8:30 a.m. ET, provides an early read into the more comprehensive employment report on Friday.
* Data over the past two days have shown encouraging signs that the U.S. economy is firming, which could prompt the Federal Reserve to raise rates as soon as this month.
* However, the uncertainty over Britain's continued membership in the European Union and weak factory data globally has reigned in the chances of a rate hike in June.
* Traders are now pricing in a 20 percent chance of a hike this month, significantly lower than their expectations on Monday, while chances of a hike in July have increased to 48 percent, according to CME Group's FedWatch tool. Continuación...