UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 8
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
June 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 14 points, or 0.2 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down about 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.2 percent on Tuesday at 6,284.53, chalking up its third straight day of gains, as a rise in oil and energy shares offset weaker mining stocks.
* VODAFONE: Sky Network Ltd on Wednesday said it is in discussions with Vodafone Group Plc about a possible merger of their New Zealand businesses.
* RIO TINTO: Resources giant Rio Tinto has released a cash tender offer to purchase $3 billion of debt in its second major buyback in as many months.
* GSK: An experimental drug for rheumatoid arthritis developed by Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline slowed joint damage and improved symptoms of the disease, meeting the main goals of a large, late stage trial, according to data released on Tuesday.
* BAT: Indonesian cigarette maker PT Bentoel Internasional Investama Tbk is set to raise nearly 14 trillion rupiah ($1.1 billion) after pricing its planned rights issue at 480 rupiah per share. Bentoel was 85.6 percent-owned by British American Tobacco PLC as of December 2015, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* TESCO: Britain's biggest retailer Tesco Plc is likely to announce this week a sale of its Turkish unit Kipa and British restaurant chain Giraffe, Sky News reported on Tuesday. Continuación...