UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 9
(Updates futures, adds company news items)
June 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down about 0.25 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 16.99 points, or 0.3 percent, at 6,285.21 points on Wednesday, with a recovery in commodities prices underpinning basic resources and energy stocks.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca said on Thursday it had agreed to sell the commercialisation rights for its portfolio of anaesthetics outside the United States to South Africa's Aspen Pharmacare for an initial payment of $520 million.
* HOME RETAIL: Home Retail's Argos reported its best quarterly sales performance in two years on Thursday, indicating the distraction of a yet to complete takeover by supermarket Sainsbury's has not damaged trade.
* ESSENTRA: Essentra Plc, a supplier of speciality plastic and packaging components, warned of lower full-year adjusted operating profit, citing challenging market conditions in filter products and delays in some large projects.
* BHP: BHP Billiton is studying an option to develop a massive new iron ore deposit in Australia to replace lost tonnes as operations age and reserves decline, according to the company and documents filed with environmental regulators.
* WINCANTON: British logistics company Wincanton Plc said on Thursday that it would reintroduce dividends, after reporting a rise in full-year revenue. Continuación...