UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 30
(Adds futures, company news items)
June 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 8 points, or 0.1 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up about 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 3.6 percent on Wednesday at 6,360.06, highest level since April, as a two-day rally recouped the losses it suffered after Britain voted to leave the European Union.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto Ltd will sever mining links with resource-rich Papua New Guinea, relinquishing ownership of the Panguna copper mine on Bougainville island which has been closed for around 25 years after a secessionist rebellion.
* 3I: British private equity firm 3i has no plans to dispose of its investment in Dutch discount retailer Action despite a number of approaches, the company said on Thursday.
* TULLOW: Oil and gas producer Tullow Oil has cut its 2016 west Africa oil production forecast by around 12,000 barrels per day (bpd) due to the temporary shutdown of its Jubilee field offshore Ghana following a technical issue.
* OIL: Oil prices fell in early trade on Thursday, with Brent futures struggling to defend $50 per barrel as fears over strike outages in Norway faded and as Nigeria's production improved.
* COPPER: London copper hovered near its highest in eight weeks on Thursday as the dollar eased following recent gains in the wake of Britain's stunning vote to leave the European Union. Continuación...