US STOCKS-Futures little changed as investors take a breather
* Futures down: Dow 15 pts, S&P 2.5 pts, Nasdaq 5.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
July 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Friday as investors looked ahead to a long weekend after a tumultuous week.
* Global stocks went into a tailspin last Friday in the aftermath of Britain's shock vote to leave the European Union, but recovered most of those losses in the last three days.
* U.S. stock exchanges are closed on Monday for the U.S. Independence Day holiday.
* Wall Street closed higher on Thursday after rallying on news that the Bank of England could ease monetary policy.
* Oil prices fell about 0.7 percent on Friday as worries of oversupply were reignited by a return in production from Nigeria and Canada.
* Data showed growth in China's manufacturing sector stalled in June.
* Investors are bracing for continued volatility in the markets as they await the next steps of the Brexit action and are waiting for second-quarter earnings to judge the health of U.S. equities. Continuación...