US STOCKS-Futures flat as investors brace for economic data
* Futures down: Dow 14 pts, S&P 3 pts, Nasdaq 3.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
July 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday as investors awaited a host economic data that would provide clues on the strength of the economy and determine whether the Federal Reserve would be able to raise interest rates this year.
* After a roller-coaster ride sparked by Britain's June 23 vote to leave the European Union, investors in the United States are looking for signs of the health of the economy and the possible impact of the vote on quarterly earnings.
* Investors will keenly watch for the June payrolls report on Friday, especially after a shockingly weak May report threw the Fed off track from its plans to raise interest rates in the near term.
* U.S. economic data in the past weeks, including manufacturing and services data, have been mixed.
* While the cautious Fed is not expected to raise interest rates anytime soon, strong economic data will give the central banks reasons for its next move when it meets on July 26-27.
* The ADP national employment report for June is expected at 8:15 a.m. ET (1215 GMT) on Thursday. The data, which acts as a precursor to Friday's report, is likely to show that 159,000 jobs were added in the month, compared to 173,000 in May.
* Initial jobless claims data for the week ended July is expected to show an increase of 2,000. The report is expected at 8:30 a.m. ET. Continuación...