UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 13
(Adds futures, updates company news items)
July 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 20 points on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.35 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed at 6,680.69, flat in percentage terms, on Tuesday, but near its highest level since August last year, as political uncertainty eased following the news Theresa May will be the next prime minister.
* POUNDLAND: South Africa's Steinhoff will bulk up its presence in the British market after agreeing a 597 million pounds ($794 million) takeover of single price retailer Poundland, it said on Wednesday.
* BARRATT: Barratt Developments, Britain's biggest housebuilder by volume, said it was reassessing some of its land approvals needed to build homes to better prepare it for any fallout from Britain's vote to leave the EU.
* BURBERRY: Britain's Burberry reported a 3 percent drop in like-for-like sales in a "challenging" first quarter, underlining the size of the task facing Marco Gobbetti when he takes over chief executive duties from Christopher Bailey next year.
* GW PHARMACEUTICALS: British drug developer GW Pharmaceuticals Plc said it would raise $252 million through the issue of 2.8 million shares on the Nasdaq.
* MARKS & SPENCER: The new boss of Marks & Spencer appealed to the British retailer's army of private shareholders to back his attempt to revive its clothing business, but some attendees at Tuesday's annual investor meeting remained fearful of another false dawn. Continuación...