US STOCKS-Futures edge up a day after Dow snaps winning streak
* Futures up: Dow 31 pts, S&P 4.25 pts, Nasdaq 7.25 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
July 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Friday, a day after the Dow industrials snapped a nine-session streak of gains and as investors assessed earnings reports from a host of industrial companies including GE.
* The S&P 500 and Dow are trading at record highs on upbeat sentiment over second-quarter corporate earnings, with analysts now expecting smaller profit declines and more companies topping those estimates.
* However reports from Intel and transport companies sapped some of the momentum on Thursday, while reports overnight and on Friday were also tepid.
* GE shares initially rose 1.3 percent in premarket trading after the Dow components' earnings beat estimates, before reversing course to trade down nearly 2 percent.
* Honeywell dropped 1 percent after lowering its full-year sales forecast, despite a market-beating quarterly profit.
* Starbucks declined 2.4 percent to $56.22 after its sales growth fell short of expectations in all major markets.
* One of the bright spots was chipmaker AMD, which rose nearly 10 percent after its results beat estimates. Continuación...