US STOCKS-Futures flat as investors brace for earnings, Fed meet
* Futures: Dow up 10 pts, S&P down 0.25 pts, Nasdaq up 3.25 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
July 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were flat on Tuesday as investors braced for a flurry of corporate earnings, including those of Apple, and ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy meeting.
* The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) begins a two-day meeting on Tuesday to decide whether the U.S. economy is strong enough to absorb an interest rate hike.
* The central bank will announce its decision at 2:00 p.m. ET (1800 GMT) on Wednesday.
* However, the Fed is not expected to pull the trigger on interest rates in the near term as inflation remains below its 2 percent target, while global growth continues to sputter.
* Traders have priced in an 18.7 percent chance of a rate increase in September and 42.8 percent in December, according to CME Group's FedWatch tool.
* Investors are also bracing for a host of earnings from companies such as Apple and Twitter, which are scheduled to report after market close.
* Apple and Twitter's shares were down 0.3 percent in premarket trading. Continuación...