UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 27
(Adds company news)
July 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 14 to 16 points, or 0.2 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.2 percent higher on Tuesday at 6,724.03 points, driven by gains in lender Provident Financial, engineering firm GKN and BT, though housebuilders fell after a series of price target cuts.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE: GlaxoSmithKline plans 275 million pounds ($361 million) of new investments at three drug manufacturing sites in Britain, signalling its confidence in the country despite last month's vote to leave the European Union.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Copper miner Antofagasta said full-year copper production would be at the lower end of the 710,000-740,000 tonnes it predicted in January this year, but said it was confident targets would be met.
* TAYLOR WIMPEY: Britain's third-largest housebuilder Taylor Wimpey said a referendum in which Britons backed leaving the European Union has had no meaningful effect on its performance in the last month.
* ITV: ITV said it expected its key net advertising revenue to slip around 1 percent in the first nine months of the year, ahead of analyst expectations, and said it would trim costs to prepare for economic challenges ahead.
* SHAWBROOK: British lender Shawbrook cautioned that political and economic uncertainty after last month's British vote to leave the European Union could lead to deferred investment decisions and a decline in borrowing demand. Continuación...