UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 28
(Adds company news, futures)
July 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening flat, according to financial bookmakers. Futures were marginally lower at 0650 GMT, ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.4 percent higher on Wednesday at 6,750.43 points, climbing to its highest closing level in nearly a year, with housebuilders among the top performers, while mid-cap stocks touched their best level since last month's shock "Brexit" vote.
* SABMILLER/AB INBEV: SABMiller has asked employees to pause the process of integrating its operations with those of Anheuser-Busch InBev as the brewer's board weighs its sweetened takeover offer, according to sources familiar with the matter.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton will book a charge of up to $1.3 billion to cover the costs of a dam disaster last November at the Samarco iron ore mine in Brazil, putting it on course to report its worst ever annual loss.
* CENTRICA: Centrica, Britain's largest energy supplier, lost 399,000 customers in the first half of the year, contributing to a 13 percent dip in revenue, the company said on Thursday.
* THOMAS COOK: Travel company Thomas Cook cut its full-year profit target on Thursday as the Brexit-induced collapse in the pound, attacks in Europe and a failed coup in Turkey forced customers to cancel holidays.
* ASTRAZENECA: Generic competition to cholesterol fighter Crestor in the key U.S. market hit second-quarter earnings at drugmaker AstraZeneca, which is now banking on new cancer medicines to revive its fortunes. Continuación...