US STOCKS-Futures rise as jobs data boosts investor sentiment
* Futures up: Dow 31 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 12 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Aug 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Monday after Friday's robust payrolls data boosted optimism about economic growth.
* Wall Street notched its best day in a month on Friday following the report that showed strong gains in employment for the second straight month.
* The S&P 500 index and the Nasdaq closed at record highs.
* Futures on Monday were also helped by a 1.5 percent rise in oil prices after reports of renewed talks by some OPEC members to restrain output.
* Gold, a safe haven asset, fell to a one-week low, while the Japanese yen remained weak suggesting that the markets were in a risk-on mode.
* Although strong jobs data could encourage the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates, analysts have said the central bank may wait for more data before it makes the move.
* While traders priced in higher rate-hike chances in the near term, they do not expect the Fed to pull the trigger even until July next year, according to CME Group's FedWatch tool. Continuación...