UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 9
(Adds company items)
Aug 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 9 to 11 points higher on Tuesday, or up as much as 0.16 percent, according to financial spreadbetters, with futures marginally up ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 15.6 points higher on Monday at 6809.13 points to touch its highest level in more than 13 months on the back of gains in mining stocks and Barclays, which was boosted by an upgrade.
* STANDARD LIFE: British insurer and asset manager Standard Life on Tuesday posted a forecast-beating 7 percent rise in first-half assets under administration, boosted by market gains following Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
* LEGAL & GENERAL: Insurer Legal & General posted an above-forecast 10 percent rise in first-half operating profit to 822 million pounds ($1.07 billion) on Tuesday, boosted by strong growth in its retirement business.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca's cancer drug pipeline suffered a setback on Tuesday when the experimental drug selumetinib failed to meet its goal in a late-stage trial for lung cancer.
* SAVILLS: Estate agent Savills said profits at its British commercial property business fell 54 percent in the first half of the year, hit by a referendum on EU membership, and that the vote and upcoming U.S. presidential election had hit sentiment.
* WORLDPAY: British payments processor Worldpay Group Plc's first-half underlying earnings beat analyst estimates, driven by strong growth across all its businesses and tightened costs at its UK unit. Continuación...