UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 10
(Updates futures, adds company news item)
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 20-24 points, or 0.3 percent, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.28 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.6 percent on Friday at 7,044.39, with concerns about a further fall in the sterling after a plunge to a 31-year low seen as helping internationally-exposed stocks.
* MITIE: British outsourcing group Mitie named Phil Bentley as its new chief executive, announcing that incumbent Ruby McGregor-Smith would be stepping down after over nine years this December.
* INTERSERVE: British support services and construction firm Interserve Plc said it had decided to retain equipment services unit RMDK as a core part of its business, following the conclusion of a strategic review that started in February.
* UK PROPERTY: The asset management arm of insurer Swiss Life is buying Mayfair Capital, a London-based property investment and management company with a portfolio valued at around 1 billion pounds ($1.24 billion), Mayfair said on Monday.
* WILLIAM HILL: Canadian online gambling company Amaya Inc and British bookmaker William Hill Plc said they were in talks to combine in a merger of equals, confirming a Reuters report about the discussions earlier on Friday.
* BAE SYSTEMS: BAE Systems Information and Electronic Systems Integration Inc, a unit of BAE Systems PLC, is being awarded a $618 million contract for Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System II rockets for the U.S. military and the governments of Iraq, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Jordan, and Australia, the Pentagon said on Friday. Continuación...