US STOCKS-Futures slightly lower ahead of Fed minutes
* Futures down: Dow 22 pts, S&P 2 pts, Nasdaq 7.5 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were slightly lower on Wednesday as investors eyed finer details of the Federal Reserve's September policy meeting.
* The Fed stood pat on rates during the meeting, although three policymakers voted for a hike. The minutes will likely reveal how much of a push there was for a rate increase and the central bank's views on the U.S. economy.
* The minutes will be released at 2:00 p.m. ET (1400 GMT).
* New York Fed President William Dudley and his Kansas counterpart Esther George's appearances at separate events will be carefully watched for their take on rates.
* Oil prices were up 0.4 percent as major producers meet in Istanbul where oversupply could be addressed.
* The markets are likely to be more volatile as the third-quarter earnings season will test relatively high valuations of stocks. The changing dynamics of the U.S. presidential elections and a strong possibility of a December U.S. interest rate hike are the other factors weighing on investors' minds.
* Overall S&P 500 earnings are currently expected to fall 0.7 percent in the third quarter, marking the fifth quarter of negative earnings in a row, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...