UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 18
(Adds company news items, updates futures)
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 18 to 28 points, or as much as 0.4 percent higher on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.9 percent on Monday at 6,947.55, led lower by publisher Pearson after it said market conditions continued to be challenging.
* BHP: Miner BHP Billiton's chief executive, Andrew Mackenzie, said what Britain needs is a "hard-headed Brexit", which would maintain trade relations with the European Union and place the focus on minimising bureaucracy as much as on keeping tariffs low.
* BELLWAY: British housebuilder Bellway posted better-than-expected full-year profit on Tuesday and said that demand for new homes has remained resilient since Britons voted to leave the European Union.
* ASOS: ASOS, the British online fashion retailer, on Tuesday reported a 37 percent rise in annual profit after strong growth across its UK, U.S. and European markets, and said it was confident on its new financial year.
* BURBERRY: British luxury fashion label Burberry reported a better-than-expected 2 percent rise in retail sales in its second quarter after tourists in London took advantage of the weaker pound to buy its luxury goods.
* RYANAIR: Ryanair cut its profit forecast for the year to March by 5 percent on Tuesday due to the fall in the value of sterling and said average fares would fall by up to 15 percent during the winter. Continuación...