US STOCKS-Futures up on strong reports from Netflix, J&J
* Futures up: Dow 76 pts, S&P 11 pts, Nasdaq 28.75 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were modestly higher on Tuesday, buoyed by better-than-expected quarterly reports, including from Netflix and Johnson & Johnson.
* Shares of Netflix surged 19.13 percent to $118.89 in heavy premarket trading after the video streaming website added many more subscribers in the third quarter than expected.
* Johnson & Johnson rose 0.81 percent and health insurer UnitedHealth gained 1.4 percent after the two Dow components reported market-beating quarterly results.
* A slew of better-than-expected earnings, including from big U.S. banks, have led analysts to now forecast that profit at S&P 500 companies fell just 0.1 percent in the third quarter, less than the 0.7 percent drop they expected at the start of the earnings season.
* Goldman Sachs was up 1.4 percent ahead of its earnings scheduled before markets open.
* IBM fell 2.6 percent after reporting its 18th straight quarter of revenue decline, attracting a flurry of price target cuts from brokerages.
* Intel, scheduled to report after markets close, was up 1.7 percent on a Barclays upgrade. Yahoo is also scheduled to report after markets close. Continuación...