US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of earnings reports, economic data
* Futures: Dow up 7 pts, S&P up 0.25 pts, Nasdaq down 5 pts
By Yashaswini Swamynathan
Oct 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Wednesday, ahead of another flood of earnings reports, a Federal Reserve report on economic health and the final U.S. presidential debate.
* Through Tuesday, earnings from S&P 500 companies had largely beaten market expectations, putting them on track to post profit growth for the first time in five quarters.
* Analysts now expect earnings increased 0.2 percent in the third quarter, compared with the 0.7 percent drop they had estimated earlier.
* Morgan Stanley's quarterly profit and revenue beat consensus estimates, rounding off a strong quarter for big U.S. banks. The bank's shares rose 0.99 percent in premarket trading.
* Strong earnings from marquee companies on Tuesday had helped the S&P 500 notch its best day of the month.
* One spot of bother have been lackluster reports from big technology companies, including IBM and Intel. Intel was down 4.5 percent after the chipmaker gave a disappointing current-quarter revenue forecast.
* Yahoo rose 1.01 percent after reporting overnight that its third quarter profit beat estimates. Continuación...