Gains in southern periphery buoy European equities
* Orange rises on Dt Telekom bid rumours
* Peripheral European markets outperform
* Volumes low on public holiday in much of Europe
* DAX ends up back over 10,000-point level
* FTSEurofirst 300 closes up 0.4 pct at 1,393.71 points
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 9 (Reuters) - Spain, Italy and Portugal outperformed other European stock markets on Monday, as investors stepped up bets that they would benefit most from the European Central Bank's latest economic stimulus measures.
Bid speculation also lifted telecoms company Orange , which ended up 1.8 percent - the best performer on Paris' main stock market - as traders cited talk of a possible offer from Deutsche Telekom.
An Orange spokesman said the company had no comment to make on the situation. Deutsche Telekom's chief executive Tim Hoettges told shareholders last month the group was not in any talks about a potential merger. Continuación...