European shares retreat as Lufthansa drags down travel stocks
* Airline stocks slump after Lufthansa warning
* Lufthansa down 14 pct, Air France falls 7 pct
* DAX drops back below 10,000 points
* FTSEurofirst 300 ends down 0.5 pct at 1,391.59 points
* Some traders see pullback as short-lived
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 11 (Reuters) - European equity markets retreated from multi-year highs on Wednesday as a profit warning from German airline Lufthansa hit travel stocks.
Lufthansa slumped by 14.2 percent in heavy volume after the company said it would not reach its profit targets for the next two years, and the fall in its share price dragged other airlines down with it.
Air France KLM fell 7 percent, International Consolidated Airlines Group dropped by 3 percent and the regional STOXX Europe 600 Travel & Leisure Index fell 1.5 percent. Continuación...