Rise in Aegon ensures gains for European equities
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.2 pct
* Aegon buoyed by share buyback plan
* Oil prices rise as violence in Iraq continues
* Ct Suisse upgrades energy equity sector to "benchmark"
* Investors eyeing Fed meeting later on Wednesday
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 18 (Reuters) - European stock markets edged up on Wednesday to go back within reach of multi-year highs reached last week, with insurer Aegon rallying after announcing a share buyback programme.
However, gains on the stock markets were capped as investors awaited the end of the U.S. Federal Reserve's two-day policy meeting later in the day.
The Fed is widely expected to cut another $10 billion from its monthly bond purchases, while investors will also be watching for any comments on when the Fed will begin to raise interest rates and its outlook for the economy. Continuación...