UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 19
LONDON Aug 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 18 to 19 points higher, or up 0.3 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index were up 0.2 percent at 0646 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index climbed to a two-week high in the previous session and finished 0.8 percent higher at 6,741.25 points.
* STANDARD CHARTERED - The bank is close to a deal to pay between $200 million and $300 million to resolve allegations by New York's banking regulator that it failed to review high-risk transactions, two years after agreeing to reform its practices, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* ASTRAZENECA - AstraZeneca said on Tuesday the U.S. government was closing a probe into a major clinical trial used to win marketing approval for its new heart drug Brilinta and no further action was planned.
* IMPERIAL TOBACCO - The company said it expected to report modest adjusted earnings growth in the full year after volumes from its top growth brands rose by 3 percent in the first nine months.
* PERSIMMON - The group said its first-half pretax profit rose 57 percent and revenue increased 33 percent.
* BALFOUR BEATTY - The British construction firm is in advanced talks to sell its U.S. design consultancy Parsons Brinckerhoff to WSP Global for 700 million pounds, as the deadline for a proposed merger deal with rival Carillion rapidly approaches, the Financial Times reported.
* CAIRN ENERGY - British-based oil explorer Cairn Energy reported a $62 million loss after tax over the first half of the year, a reduction in losses from the same time last year when it was hit hard by impairments booked in its Indian business. Continuación...