European shares hit 2-mth high on Ukraine ceasefire speculation
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.9 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 1.3 pct
* Investors bet on eastern Ukraine ceasefire after Russia talks
* ECB stimulus bets further support market
* Hermes falls on LVMH deal
* Hugo Boss drops after share placement
By Francesco Canepa
LONDON, Sept 3 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday, with a key index hitting a two-month high, on speculation about a possible ceasefire in eastern Ukraine and fresh monetary stimulus from the European Central Bank.
The Kremlin said on Wednesday President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian leader Petro Poroshenko had agreed on steps towards peace in eastern Ukraine, even though a ceasefire had not been agreed between Moscow and Kiev because Russia is not a party to the conflict.
Trading was nervy, however, as authorities seemed to send mixed messages, with Poroshenko's press office earlier saying both presidents had agreed on a "permanent ceasefire". Continuación...