European shares near 2-month high on Ukraine ceasefire bet
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.9 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 1.3 pct
* Investors bet on eastern Ukraine ceasefire after Russia talks
* ECB stimulus bets further support market
* Hermes falls on LVMH deal
* Hugo Boss drops after share placement
By Francesco Canepa
LONDON, Sept 3 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday, with a key index hitting a two-month high, on speculation about a possible ceasefire in eastern Ukraine and fresh monetary stimulus from the European Central Bank.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday a deal to end fighting in eastern Ukraine could be reached this week, a clear attempt to show the West he was trying to de-escalate the conflict despite renewed shelling.
Trading was nervous, however, as authorities seemed to send mixed messages, with Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko's press office earlier saying both presidents had agreed on a "permanent ceasefire". Continuación...